Guidelines for Applying for Subsidies for Investment Projects in Weak Areas of Shenzhen’s Industrial Chain (Provisional)
1 Matters for review and approval
Projects included under the categories to receive support for development as set out in the Directory of the Industrial Structural Adjustment and Optimization and Industrial Orientation in Shenzhen City, that are located in Shenzhen, with an investment amount of at least RMB200 million and identified as weak areas of the industry chain, will be awarded a subsidy.
2 Basis for selection
(1) Relevant Measures on Improving Enterprise Competitiveness (No.8 
(2) Rules on Implementation of Relevant Measures on Improving Enterprise Competitiveness (No. 149 , Economy, Trade and Information Commission of Shenzhen Municipality)
3 Approval amount and method
Approval amount: The total annual amount of subsidies for investment projects in weak areas of Shenzhen’s industry chain will be capped. A retroactive subsidy approach will be adopted, in which those eligible projects will be given a one-time subsidy of RMB3 million.
Approval method: Voluntary application, approval by the joint meeting and public notice. Experts or third-party institutions will conduct on-site inspections when necessary.
4 Application conditions
(1) An applicant shall be registered in the city in accordance with the law and have a legal person status.
(2) An investment project that receives a subsidy should meet all of the following conditions:
1. Be located in the city after the date when the Relevant Measures on Improving Enterprise Competitiveness (No.8 , Shenzhen Development and Reform Commission) comes into effect on March 23, 2016;
2. Include the categories which will receive support for development set out in the Directory of the Industrial Structural Adjustment and Optimization and Industrial Orientation in Shenzhen City
3. Investment amount of at least RMB200 million (The investment amount includes fixed-asset investment, R&D investment, intangible assets investment, working capital and other expenses that have actually been paid out);
4. Identified as a weak area of Shenzhen’s industry chain through the joint meeting for the management of subsidy funds for investment projects in weak areas of Shenzhen’s industrial chain.
(3) An applicant may not apply for a subsidy under any of the following circumstances:
1. An applicant is under investigation by an administrative government department for suspected illegal activities and within two years after receiving an administrative penalty;
2. Intellectual property disputes relating to the project submitted for consideration have yet to be resolved;
3. The project has already been granted a subsidy or subsidies from other special funds under the municipal budget. The municipal investment promotion department shall not accept an application in any of the above-mentioned circumstances and shall reject an application found to be involved in any of the above-mentioned circumstances after receiving and beginning to process it.
5 Application documents
(1) Letter of commitment (See appendix 1);
(2) Letter of Application for Subsidies for Investment Projects in Weak Areas of Shenzhen’s Industrial Chain (See appendix 2);
(3) Copies of applicant’s business license, organization code certificate and taxation registration certificate;
(4) Project introduction (elaborate on background, main tasks, construction plan, investment scale and social and economic benefits, with a focus on the project’s role in supplementing and shoring up weak areas of Shenzhen’s industry chain ).
(5) Special auditor’s report for project investment (for a detailed investment breakdown template, please see appendix 3), and documents that can prove the qualifications of an institution issuing the auditor’s report shall be attached;
(6) Copies of the project’s certification materials, such as patent certificates and cooperation agreements. The seal of the applicant shall be affixed to the above documents and a seal shall be affixed across multiple pages; the above documents are typed in quadruplicate, printed or duplicated on both sides of A4 paper with no blank pages (including cover) and should be bound in order (adhesive binding, catalogue and page of application documents and attached documents should be consistent and accurate); original documents of copies shall be verified.
6 Agency for receiving and approving applications
Agency that processes applications：Invest Shenzhen
Application submission time: (H1) April 1 to April 15
(H2) September 15 to September 30
(Submission time for applications in 2016: August 22 to October 15)
Location for submission of applications: Room 1212, floor 12th, Great China International Exchange Square. No. 1, Fuhuayi Road, Futian District
Enquiries telephone number: 0755-88107029
7 Agency for reviewing and deciding application results
The joint meeting for management of subsidies for investment projects in weak areas of Shenzhen’s industrial chain
8 Review process
An applicant submits application documents to Invest Shenzhen——Invest Shenzhen conducts preliminary review of application documents——Invest Shenzhen organizes industry experts or third-party institutions to conduct on-site visits and recheck the documents when necessary——Invest Shenzhen proposes a preliminary list——submits to the joint meeting for review——verified by municipal finance department ——posted for public comment——Invest Shenzhen works with municipal finance department to issue the subsidy plan——Invest Shenzhen allocates subsidy.
9 Review deadline
Review will be carried out once in each half of the year and in batches, and the review deadline is no more than 60 days from the day when the application is accepted.
10 Review certificate and deadline
Certificate: Subsidy allocation certificate
11 Legal force of certificate
An applicant will receive subsidies for investment projects in weak areas of Shenzhen’s industrial chain through the approval document.
13 Annual review or inspection