The Conference on International Exchange of Professionals (hereinafter referred to as CIEP), founded by the former State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs P.R China in 2001 with the approval of the State Council of the People’s Republic of China, is the only comprehensive event with largest scale and highest level in China for exchange in competent professionals and intelligence that is geared to foreign (overseas) expert organizations, training institutions and professionals. Since 2007, Shenzhen serves as the permanent venue for the CIEP. Since 2018, the CIEP has been hosted by the Ministry of Science and Technology (State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs P.R China) and the Shenzhen Municipal People’s Government.
According to the arrangement of the organizing committee, the 17th CIEP is slated to be held in Shenzhen from April 14 to 15, 2019.
Guided by Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era, this conference covers 25 items in 9 major sections with the theme of “Attracting Global Talents, Promoting Cooperative Innovation, Seeking Common Development” to promote global expertise to share development opportunities in China.
For further information, please visit www.ciep.sznews.com/node_301829.htm
Registration for the competition is open from December 1st, 2018 to February 28th, 2019. In March 2019, Overseas Division Competitions will be held in 10 cities across 9 countries, and the preliminary round for the Professional Competition will start at the same time. As a result, more than 100 outstanding projects selected from the Overseas Division Competitions and Professional Competition will meet in Shenzhen in April 2019 and compete for the final awards.
The competition offers a total prize pool of RMB 11.2 million, including RMB 2.9 million for Overseas Division finalists, RMB 1.5 million for Professional finalists, RMB 2.5 million for Industrial finalists and RMB 4.3 million for grand champion. Each contestant may stand the chance to win a total prize of RMB 1.4 million. In addition to the prizes, the competition also provides high-quality entrepreneurship projects with support such as industrial incentives, financial technology and project incubation.
This year’s international competition will continue to further connect global cities and regions. A new session of the Overseas Division Competitions has been added to the previous nine sessions and will be held in Madrid (Spain). Therefore, there will be a total of ten sessions of the Overseas Division Competitions, which will be held in Sydney (Australia), Toronto (Canada), Berlin (Germany), Tel Aviv (Israel), Tokyo (Japan), Stockholm (Sweden), Madrid (Spain), Boston (U.S.A.), Silicon Valley (U.S.A.) and London (U.K.).
1) Internet of Things
2) Artificial Intelligence
3) Financial Technology
1) Information and Communications Technology
2) Advanced Manufacturing
3) Electronic Science and Technology
4) Biology and Life Science and Technology
5) Materials & Energy (including energy conservation and environmental protection).
The Participants (Teams or individuals) should:
1) be those who have innovation achievements and business plans；
2) have plans of entrepreneurship in Shenzhen after the competition;
3) should possess full ownership of all rights related to the product, the technology and the patent, have no property dispute with any other person, and assume full responsibility caused by any possible infringement;
4) those who had won prizes in previous competitions held overseas by Shenzhen or awards in domestic or international of previous China (Shenzhen) Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competitions cannot participate in this Competition.
For further information, please visit www.competition.seto.org.au