A NEW Samsung Note 7, bought this week in China, burst into flames while charging, its owner told CNNMoney.

Hui Renjie, a 25-year old tech worker, said he ordered his Samsung device Sunday from online retailer JD.com. It was delivered the same day.

Hui charged the smartphone overnight, but noticed early the next morning that something was wrong. He said that it began to emit black smoke while still connected to the charger, and then burst into flames.

A video Hui provided shows a cracked, smoking smartphone connected to a charger.

CNNMoney could not confirm the authenticity of the video, but Hui provided an image of a receipt and photographs that support his version of events.

Samsung said it was investigating the incident.

Samsung’s reputation suffered a huge blow following its decision to recall 2.5 million Note 7s in early September after reports of battery fires in some devices.

China was not included in that recall because the batteries in the phones sold in China came from a different supplier, Samsung said at the time.

Hui’s case raised the number of Note 7 battery fires in China to six. The firm has rebutted at least two of the reports. In one case, Samsung said that the fire was caused by an external heat source rather than a battery. But the user insisted his claim, saying Samsung should sue him if he was found to have filed a false report.